Events in Leland and Surrounding Area (for more information, visit the Leland Chamber of Commerce):
June 8 – The Leland Wine & Food Festival is a northern Michigan tradition held on the second Saturday in June from noon to 6pm. Visitors can taste wines from local wineries and specialties from local restaurants and vendors while listening to live music in the park all day.
June 29-July 6 – National Cherry Festival in Traverse City, MI. Now in its 86th year, the Cherry Festival is Traverse City’s signature event, drawing as many as 500,000 attendees from around the country. featuring over 150 family activities: air shows, fireworks, parades (including the nation’s largest all-children parade) games, races, midway rides, demonstrations, nightly outdoor concerts and lots of chances to taste delicious cherry products.
- July 3rd – Fireworks at dusk
- July 4th – Fourth of July parade includes plenty of small town charm including fun floats by local businesses, antique cars and firetrucks, and the kid’s bike parade. Start time at 3pm.
- July 13 – Leland Annual Art Fair from 10am to 5pm
- July 20 – The 5th Annual Friends of Fishtown 5K
- July 26 – 13th annual Tour de TART, a bicycle ride from Traverse City to Suttons Bay. More than 600 enjoy a leisurely ride with food stops along the way and a great dinner at Suttons Bay Marina Park.
- July 30-Aug. 4 – Traverse City Film Festival offers an outstanding selection of independent, foreign, and documentary films, as well as premieres, parties, panel discussions and lectures about the world of film.
- Aug. 3 – Port Oneida Trail Walk/Run, Charles Olson Farm, 5k Barn to Barn Run
- Aug. 3-4 – Suttons Bay Art Festival, Marina Park, Suttons Bay, MI
- Aug. 15-16 – Bargains abound at Leland Sidewalk Sales
- Aug. 23-24 – 5th Annual Summer Microbrew & Music Festival at The Village at Grand Traverse Commons. Attendees will get to sample craft brews from more than 60 producers from Michigan and beyond, wine and ciders from the Old Mission Peninsula. Live music, great local food, craft beer education.
- Sept. 2 – Labor Day Bridge Walk
- Sept. 21 – Leland Heritage Celebration includes Fishtown Fest, a Classic Car Show, a Leland Historic Building art show, and the wood boats on the wall at the Museum.
- Oct. 26 – Leland Fall Frenzy includes cider, doughnuts, and special sales for the end of the season.
Other Popular Events on the Leelanau Peninsula: