Whether you’re interested in hiking, kayaking, or visiting local wineries, the Leelanau Peninsula has countless opportunities for fun, adventure and relaxation.
Here’s a sampling of area activities:
- In the autumn, the salmon swim upstream on the Leland River. Watch from the deck or the bridge at Falling Waters Lodge and applaud as the salmon jump over the dam.
- Take a ferry to North and South Manitou Islands and spend a day or even camp there for a night or two
- Experience exciting charter fishing on Lake Michigan or rent fishing poles from the front desk at Falling Waters Lodge and fish right off the deck.
- Travel the Leelanau Peninsula wine trail, visit the tasting rooms and discover the wines of the Leelanau Peninsula.
- Rent a canoe or kayak and explore the Crystal River or bring your own kayak and paddle up the Leland River to Lake Leelanau. You can also tube, canoe, or kayak on the Platte River.
- Take a scenic drive and explore Northport, Suttons Bay, Glen Arbor and other charming nearby towns. You can also visit nearby lighthouses.
- Explore Sleeping Bear National Park. Climb the sand dunes and drive along the seven-mile Pierce Stocking Scenic Drive.
- Feel like playing a few games? Try visiting one of the local casinos.
- Sail on a tall ship and cruise around West Grand Traverse Bay.
- Discover and explore the many hiking trails in the area
- Visit local beaches and look for Petoskey stones